Railways reservation Defense Quota can only be availed by the defense officials. The defense staff can book the tickets in any particular train in defense quota with the use of their ID cards.
Indian government provides defense people with a number of facilities for the services rendered by them and defense quota is one among them.
Provision for misuse of Defence quota reservation under general quota
To ensure misuse of defence quota railway has made provisions in this regard. Many trains have quota for defence personnel’s that is kept reserved for them only and this ensures that booking of seats should be made through this quota only and not from general quota. To get berth or seat under defence quota defense personnel should apply through R.T.O only. In case of no R.T.O. office, reservation could be demanded through reservation office.
It is provided by railway that in case berth or seat reserved for defense personnel is not booked for journey, in that case all these seats or berths should be informed and surrendered before 24 hours of scheduled departure of train. Now this quota unreserved accommodation will allowed to be used by civilians. It is also noted that ticket under defence quota should be exchanged with warrants or vouchers issued to defence personnels.
Generally passengers asked questions related defence quota as given below
- How do you avail defence quota in Indian railways?
- How to book irctc ticket through defence quota?
- Is it possible to book Ticket through IRCTC online?
- How to book irctc ticket through Defense Quota?
- What is meaning of defence quota in indian railways?
- Defence civilian can having reservation quota in railway?
- Defence quota in train
- How to book defence quota in indian railways
- How to get defence quota in railway reservation?
- Can ex defence person reserve ticket in defence quota?
- Defence quota in railway seat booking
- In indian railway what is reservation of seats for defence quota