Railway reservation Against Cancellation(RAC) is the quota of Indian railways which accommodates two passengers on a berth. A traveler bearing a RAC ticket can travel in the respective train but a person in waiting list is not allowed to do so.
Generally tickets issued under RAC quota get confirmed after passing of some stations or could also become confirmed ticket in case of cancellation of confirmed or RAC tickets. The holder of RAC ticket remains after cancellation of tickets by other passengers enjoy full berth for rest of journey.
List of train reservation quotas. Click on Links to get more information on Quota.
- General quota in Railways reservation
- Ladies quota to ensure hassle free traveling
- Head quarters/high official Quota
- Parliament house Quota
- Defense Quota
- Foreign Tourist Quota
- Duty Pass Quota
- Tatkal Quota
- Female(above 45 Year)/Senior Citizen/Travelling alone quota
- Physically Handicapped Quota
- Railway Employee Staff on Duty for the train quota
- General Quota Road Side
- Out Station quota
- Pooled Quota
- Reservation Against Cancellation (RAC) Quota
- Yuva Quota
- Lower Berth Quota