Railways reservation Tatkal quota was introduced to help the passengers to book train tickets in different classes in case of emergencies. It is a boon for latecomers. This scheme is applicable for most of the trains in India. People can book the tickets under tatkal scheme just 24 hours before the actual date of journey.
IRCTC Tatkal Quota
IRCTC (Indian railway catering and Tourism Corporation) provides online ticket booking facility for passenger. Tatkal ticket booking facility of IRCTC provides convenient way to book ticket in case of urgent reservation requirement through any train in India. Passenger may note generally asked questions viz. Tatkal ticket booking requires certain extra charges above normal booking charges, limitation of advance booking timing, cancellation of tatkal ticket and refund of amount and much more.
Passenger asking for IRCTC Tatkal Booking should read below to know about answers. Except First Class AC and Executive Class, the Tatkal Booking are available to all class. Tatkal booking does not allow opting for Ladies and General Quota. Find details here about ITCTC Tatkal quota
- What are the different classes in which Tatkal bookings are available?
- Is selection of General and Ladies quota allowed in Tatkal Booking?
- What is the procedure should I follow to book Tatkal Quota tickets by internet reservation facility?
- Is there any concession given on Tatkal tickets?
- What are the charges I have to bear for Tatkal Booking?
- When I should do the Tatkal I-ticket and E-ticket booking?
- Is tatkal tickets can be booked from all stations?
- Whether I-ticket can be booked under Tatkal Quota?
- What are the rules and regulations to cancel a ticket?
- How do I get in contact with IRCTC?
List of train reservation quotas. Click on Links to get more information on Quota.
- General quota in Railways reservation
- Ladies quota to ensure hassle free traveling
- Head quarters/high official Quota
- Parliament house Quota
- Defense Quota
- Foreign Tourist Quota
- Duty Pass Quota
- Tatkal Quota
- Female(above 45 Year)/Senior Citizen/Travelling alone quota
- Physically Handicapped Quota
- Railway Employee Staff on Duty for the train quota
- General Quota Road Side
- Out Station quota
- Pooled Quota
- Reservation Against Cancellation (RAC) Quota
- Yuva Quota
- Lower Berth Quota